Getting regular hair trims is very important for hair growth.
Hair grows an average of a quarter-inch every month - whether you cut it or not.
Getting regular hair trims prevents breakage. split ends & knots. Unfortunately, split ends & knots will not magically disappear and if not dealt with will become worse over time.
Please don’t be tempted to try DIY hair cutting as it could further damage your hair if the right tools and techniques are not used. Leave it to the professionals - we don’t want you to end up with a bad haircut.
Here are a few tips to help you avoid split ends & knots in your hair:
- Take your time to detangle your hair before and after hair washing.
- Use less heat when using a blow dryer by lowering the heat setting or consider air-drying your hair.
- Trim your hair regularly, every 2 to 3 months!
- Deep condition your hair once a week?
- Sleep with a satin hair scarf or use a satin pillowcase.
Following these tips - especially trimming your hair on a regular basis - will help you achieve the hairstyle and hair length you desire. Remember to show your hair some love.